Sunday, June 17, 2007

what day is it anyway?

Believe it or not, we are all pretty much adjusted to our time zone now. though we are having difficulty remembering what day it is on occasion. Currently it is sunday, and on sunday we began our day by going to church. This morning we went to church where Pastor George lead the service and we struggled through leading "this is my father's world" in Russian... thats right Russian. needless to say it was difficult for us, but I think that we can say with some certainty in powers greater than ourselves that we were successful. Seriously though it was fun. In addition to singing songs and hearing sermons in other languages, I (matthew) was asked to share my testimony with the congregation. Again, by God's continuing Grace and Power I spoke cohesively and openly.
God was seen in the message of the service today, my testimony (which pastor George had not heard) and Pastor George's sermon (which i had not heard) complemented each other quite nicely. It is affirming to see the work of the Father in "small" things like this, so Praise God. Please continue to pray for the group as we continue to work our testimony stories into something that will speak to the people we are sharing them with.

I should mention about the congregation; predominately Ukranian with some Hungarian in there if I am not mistaken. There were maybe 25 people in attendance at worship. I think that there are even fewer members, so it does not take long to pass the offering plate : ) The Church building is a somewhat small room with an LCD projector, a Cross and some speakers. Oh and fans, two of them to be exact, and these are a vital part of the operation. They keep us all from sweating off a few pounds. The weather is pretty warm right now, and by that I mean that it is hot.
Complaining aside, it has been a wonderful opportunity thus far. During devotions tonight we were remembering the goodness and provision that God has met us with at every step of the journey. We are thankful for so much already and look forward to sharing our gifts begining tommorrow.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

HI Char and team!
Glad to hear you guys made it safe and sound. AWESOME. I'm glad you guys made a blog - it is great way to update everyone. I wish I was there with you - working in the office at CBC seems a little dull in comparison - know that I am praying for you regularly!
Many Blessings!

ShellFish said...

Thanks for updating you guys. It's great to hear what you're up to. I'm definitely praying for you!

Karissa said...

Hi guys, I only know Karlynn, so can you label your picture so I know which guy is which? I'm looking forward to reading your blog throughout the summer and am so excited to hear about all the things you're learning and how your being stretched and challenged. God is good! All the time!

Aleeda said...

Hi team,
You are in our thoughts and prayers as you work there. I pray that you will feel the power of the Holy Spirit working in and through you.----Sounds like you are already experiencing it :-)
How Great is Our God!

Laurel (Koopmans) Brown said...

Hey EE team! I won't personalize this towards any specific team member. Despite that I only know half of you I am proud of what each of you is doing. Just want to say its great to hear about your experiences. However, I wished you posted more, a selfish request I know. You are in my prayers and thoughts. I believe it is in God's plan to work great things through you and in you all. Enjoy the remaining days of this week and next.